Volstead Public House Job Description
Working at Volstead you’re creating genuine moments with our customers, making a difference in their day. You will be responsible for performing a multitude of job duties to support the operation of the shop including interacting with customers, maintaining store cleanliness, taking customer orders, and completing transactions on the cash register; working in a timely manner to prepare, drinks, food and serve to customers. Being responsible for store safety policies and health regulations.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture and values of Volstead.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard
- Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues. Communicates information to manager so that the team can respond as necessary
- Provides quality beverages, whole bean, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards. Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Correctly prepare all food served following standard recipes. Determine amount and type of food and supplies required using company guidelines.
- Comply with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene, and health standards
- Keep work area neat and clean at all times; clean and maintain equipment used in food preparation.
- Store food properly and safely.
Summary of Experience
- No previous experience required
- Coffee knowledge preferred
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays
- Meet store operating policies and standards, including providing quality beverages and food products, cash handling and store safety and security, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Engage with and understand our customers, including discovering and responding to customer needs through clear and pleasant communication
- Comply with a dress code
- Prepare food and beverages to standard recipes
- Available to perform many different tasks within the store during each shift
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships